- Instrument/Bow in good working condition
- Rosin- frequently included with the instrument
- Shoulder rest- violins/violas only. Fully adjustable/collapsible SUMI brand recommended. Fully adjustable/collapsible KUN or FOM brands are acceptable alternatives but on occasion have issues. NOT EVEREST.
- Rock stop- cellos/basses only.
- Essential Elements for Strings: 5th Grade- book 1; 6th Grade- book 2.
*** must be the version that is compatible with Essential Elements 2000
- Folding wire stand- (or other appropriate music stand): for practice at home. Proper posture and position is compromised without one.
- Cleaning cloth- soft cloth for cleaning instrument and bow.
- One-inch black three-ring binder- for storing music, method book and other required supplies.
- One package subject dividers
- One three-ring pencil pouch
- 2 pencils: students must have a functional pencil in class every day and are penalized for not coming to class with one. Having two at all times helps prevent this.
- One highlighter - students use these to highlight important information on worksheets and in their music.
Optional Supplies: Metronome, 1 box facial tissue